Child Development 5N1764
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence relevant to the theory and practice of child development and learning within early childhood care and education settings (ECCE).
The Benefits to Learners of this Valuable Qualification
- Recognise the contribution of adults to the development of children.
- Identify and respond appropriately to childrens developmental needs in the home and the early years setting.
- Appreciate variations within the normative range of development.
- Recognise the value of observation as a learning and research tool for the childcare worker.
The requirements for entry to the Child Development Level 5 Minor Award are, Junior/Leaving Certificate standard or equivalent qualifications or QQI Level 4 Certificate and/or relevant life and work experiences.
Forus Training is registered with the Garda vetting Unit and is now in a position to offer students a Garda vetting service. There may be a delay in processing applications with the Garda Vetting Unit we advise you to complete the form on registration.
The following content will be covered in this course:
- Understand the holistic development of the child including physical, emotional, social and moral, cognitive, language, spiritual, creative and cultural development.
- Explore the theories of child development and learning
- Have a greater understanding of the methods used in supporting child development
- The influence of family, social, cultural and environmental factors on child development and learning
The assessment process includes a combination of module appropriate assessment procedures which will facilitate the assessment of learning outcomes of this course. These methods will include continuous assessment processes such as:
Assessment Format: Collection of Work 40% /Assignment 30% /Examination 30%
Collection of Work – A collection of work is usually carried out over an extended period of time. collection of work may involve research, require investigation of a topic, issue or problem or may involve process such as a design task, a performance or practical activity or production of an artefact or event.
Assignment – An assignment is usually carried out over an extended period of time and the assignment brief will require candidates to show:
- An understanding and application of concepts.
- A selection of relevant research techniques and sources of information.
- An ability to analyse, evaluate, draw conclusions and make recommendations.
Examination-A supervised exam will take place at a time to be confirmed by the tutor. This will be a supervised exam after the completion of the module. This which will assess the learners ability to recall, apply theory and show an understanding of the different concepts drawn from the module.
Grading: Pass 50% – 64% / Merit 65% – 79%/ Distinction 80% – 100%
QQI – Child Development Level 5 Minor award
Awarded by – (QQI) Quality & Qualifications Ireland
Forus Training’s tutors are highly qualified trainers and are experienced in their subject area. Forus employs various trainers for our wide range of courses to ensure each programme is delivered by a tutor with expert subject knowledge.
Tutors are not just subject experts but have vast practical experience. Tutors will show you know to integrate the information and skills into your work to increase your productivity. They many skills demonstrated include user friendly tips that cannot be found in text books.