The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to conduct professional sales calls using a structured consultative selling approach.
The Benefits to Learners of this Valuable Qualification
- Understand the theories, strategies and components of a consultative sales process
- Develop an understanding of buyer behaviour theories
- Engage in appropriate questioning and listening skills, in a range of scenarios
- Develop sales skills and techniques in a range of customer situations
- Exercise substantial personal autonomy in a range of sales or customer scenarios.
The requirements for entry to the Communications Level 6 Minor Award are, Junior/Leaving Certificate standard or equivalent qualifications or FETAC/QQI Level 4 Certificate and/or relevant life and work experiences.
The following content will be covered in this course:
- Examine the theories, strategies and components of a consultative sales process
- Analyse customer requirements through analysis of buyer behavior theories
- Employ appropriate questioning and listening skills, in a range of consultative sales scenarios, to identify customer requirements
- Formulate product or service solutions to effectively meet client needs through the use of consultative selling skills and tools
- Provide solutions to customer problems, handling customer objections to buy, and close the sale
- Apply sales skills and techniques in a range of customer facing situations
- Exercise substantial personal autonomy in a range of sales or customer facing situations.
The assessment process includes a combination of module appropriate assessment procedures which will facilitate the assessment of learning outcomes of this course. These methods will include continuous assessment processes such as:
Assessment Format: Assignment 25% / Skills Demonstration 75%
Assignment – An assignment is usually carried out over an extended period of time and the assignment brief will require candidates to show:
- An understanding and application of concepts.
- A selection of relevant research techniques and sources of information.
- An ability to analyse, evaluate, draw conclusions and make recommendations
Skills Demonstration – A skills demonstration is used to assess a wide range of practical based learning outcomes including practical skills and knowledge. A skills demonstration will require the learner to complete a task or series of tasks that demonstrate a range of skills.
Grading: Pass 50% – 64% / Merit 65% – 79%/ Distinction 80% – 100%
FETAC/QQI “Consultative Selling Level 6 Minor award
Awarded by – (QQI) Quality & Qualifications Ireland
On successful completion of this Communications Studies course, the participant will have achieved one of three modules to complete the Advanced Call Centre Program.