This programme is designed to enable the learner gain a detailed understanding of the customer service function within an organisation and to facilitate the development of effective customer service skills.The programme is suitable for persons already working in a customer services role who would like a recognised qualification to support their practical experience.
The Benefits to Learners of this Valuable Qualification
- appreciate the importance of the customer to an organisation
- understand the role and responsibilities of the frontline representative of an organisation
- understand the team work necessary to meet customer needs and expectations
- be familiar with relevant legislation
- develop a customer oriented quality service consistent with best practice and standards.
The requirements for entry to the Communications Level 6 Minor Award are, Junior/Leaving Certificate standard or equivalent qualifications or QQI Level 4 Certificate and/or relevant life and work experiences.
The following content will be covered in this course:
- Organisations and their Customers
- Targeting the Customer
- Principles of Customer Service
- Customer Contact Skills
- Setting and Monitoring Customer Service Standards
- Consumer Protection
- Specialist Option
- Developing a Customer Service Programme for Staff.
The assessment process includes a combination of module appropriate assessment procedures which will facilitate the assessment of learning outcomes of this course. These methods will include continuous assessment processes such as:
Assessment Format: Portfolio 50% / Skills Demonstration 75%
Portfolio – A portfolio is usually carried out over an extended period of time. Portfolios may involve research, require investigation of a topic, issue or problem or may involve process such as a design task, a performance or practical activity or production of an artefact or event.
Skills Demonstration – A skills demonstration is used to assess a wide range of practical based learning outcomes including practical skills and knowledge. A skills demonstration will require the learner to complete a task or series of tasks that demonstrate a range of skills.
Grading: Pass 50% – 64% / Merit 65% – 79%/ Distinction 80% – 100%
QQI “ Customer Services Level 6 Minor award
Awarded by – (QQI) Quality & Qualifications Ireland
On successful completion of this Customer Services course, the participant will have achieved one of three modules to complete the Advanced Call Centre Program.