Participants will have the knowledge and skill to:
- Describe the chemistry of fire
- Identify fire hazards in the workplace
- Follow evacuation procedures
- Select and use appropriate fire fighting equipment
- Implement fire safety and fire prevention programmes
This course is highly useful for all employees in all sectors of the workforce.
There are no requirements to participate on this course.
During the course of your studies trainers provide on going support to learners by providing feedback and one to one support when requested. We operate an open access facility for our students offering supported access to computers and the internet.
Tutors will provide a telephone contact number and email address to learners.
- Fire statistics
- Action in the event of fire
- Operation and types of fire alarms
- Action upon hearing the fire alarm
- Means of escape
- General fire precautions
- Fire prevention
Fire Extinguisher Training
- The theory of fire
- Triangle of fire
- Classes of fire
- Methods of extinguishing fire
- Identification and types of fire extinguishers
- Operation and use of fire extinguishers
- Fire fighting techniques – on simulated fires
The course is delivered by an approved trainer and certified by Forus Training.
The certification is valid for a period of 3 years from the date of issue.
Forus Training’s tutors are professionally qualified and occupationally experienced in their areas of expertise. They have a background in working in the industry and have credentials from studying healthcare at university. Out course materials are devised to support learners in an Irish context. Tutors will show you how to integrate the information and skills into your workplace, and reep the benefits of putting theory into practice. With Forus Training you can be assured of the highest quality of training.
“We have had Fire Safety instructor before, however Forus Training’s instructor made the course relevant and interesting.”
– Della Finnerty