Participants will have the knowledge and skill to:
- Meet the requirements of the Safety, Helath and Welfare at Work Act 2005
- Reduce the risk of injuries in the workplace
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification required for all aspects of work
- This course can be tailored to the needs of specific groups and individual
This course is for everyone and is highly useful for all employees in all sectors of the workforce.
There are no requirements to participate on this course.
During the course of your studies trainers provide on going support to learners by providing feedback and one to one support when requested. We operate an open access facility for our students offering supported access to computers and the internet.
- Information on the law relating to manual handling
- Information on anatomy and bio-mechanics of the spine and muscles. This should give training participants a basic understanding of the function of the spine, inter-vertebral disc, muscles and ligaments and how certain hazarous postures can contribute to the risk of injury.
- Guidance on fitness for the task and written guidance can be given on exercises for flexibility and muscle toning
- Information on the specific manual handling hazards identified in the risk assessment and any possible measures to avoid or reduce manual handling
- information on good handling techniques and practice at applying these techniques
- Procedures for dealing with unfamiliar loads
- Instruction on appropriate clothing and footware while handling loads and on PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) if essential for the work activity
- Instruction on the maintenance of the workplace in a safe condition
The course is delivered by an approved trainer and certified by same.
The certification is valid for a period of 3 years from the date of issue.
Forus Training’s tutors are professionally qualified and occupationally experienced in their areas of expertise. They have a background in working in the industry and the credentials to support it. Out course materials are devised to support learners in an Irish context. Tutors will show you how to integrate the information and skills into your workplace, and reap the benefits of putting theory into practice. With Forus Training you can be assured of the highest quality of training.