This programme module aims to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to deliver, assess and evaluate a training and development intervention.
The Benefits to Learners of this Valuable Qualification
- To create an awareness of different concepts and theories underpinning the delivery and evaluation of training interventions.
- To familiarise the learner with the approaches, tools, techniques used in the evaluation of a training intervention to examine if training needs were met and objectives fulfilled.
- To enable the learner with the comprehensive skills required in the development, delivery and evaluation of a training intervention.
- To develop the learner™s skills to identify areas of success, improvement opportunities, challenges of a training intervention.
- To assist the learner to develop the academic and vocational language, literacy and numeracy skills related to Training Delivery and Evaluation through the medium of the indicative content
- To enable the learner to exercise substantial personal autonomy and responsibility.
The requirements for entry to the Training Delivery and Evaluation Level 6 Minor Award are, Junior/Leaving Certificate standard or equivalent qualifications or QQI Level 4 Certificate and/or relevant life and work experiences.
The following content will be covered in this course:
- Outline the concepts and theories underlying the delivery and evaluation of training interventions
- Explore the elements which impact on the effectiveness of a training session to include, the learning environment, the trainer, learning methodologies and the group dynamics of participants
- Demonstrate an awareness of a range of issues to include equality, diversity and disability in the context of current legislation with regard to training provision
- Appraise a range of evaluation models, approaches, tools and techniques used in the evaluation and monitoring of a training and development intervention
- Deliver appropriate training content and materials using a range of training aids
- Formulate appropriate evaluation tools, techniques and approaches for a training session to determine whether or not training needs were met and objectives fulfilled
- Provide constructive feedback to participants in relation to training intervention
- Apply a comprehensive range of specialised training delivery and evaluation skills in the delivery of an appropriate training intervention
- Devise a training evaluation process to include the identification of key stakeholders, feedback from the trainee, challenges within the process and the conduct or methodology of the evaluation
- Select from a range of evaluation tools, techniques and approaches for a training session to determine whether or not training needs were met and objectives fulfilled
Report on a training and development evaluation to include the identification of areas of success and of improvement opportunities.
The assessment process includes a combination of module appropriate assessment procedures which will facilitate the assessment of learning outcomes of this course. These methods will include continuous assessment processes such as:
Assessment Format: Project 40% Skills Demonstration 40% Learner Record 20%
Project – A project is usually carried out over an extended period of time. Project may involve research, require investigation of a topic, issue or problem or may involve process such as a design task, a performance or practical activity or production of an artefact or event.
Skills Demonstration – A skills demonstration is used to assess a wide range of practical based learning outcomes including practical skills and knowledge. A skills demonstration will require the learner to complete a task or series of tasks that demonstrate a range of skills.
Learner Record – This course is assessed through completion of a number of activities and completion of a personal Learner Record which records your experience of supervision in a childcare context. This will cover planning of initiatives, making decisions, in addition to demonstrating your supervision and organisational skills. All work submitted must be your own work.
Grading: Pass 50% – 64% / Merit 65% – 79%/ Distinction 80% – 100%
QQI – Training Delivery and Evaluation Level 6 Minor
Awarded by – (QQI) Quality & Qualifications Ireland
On successful completion of this Training Delivery and Evaluation course, the participant will have achieved an award which can lead to a Major Award in a selection of FETAC Courses.