Please, fill in the form or call us. We will be happy to help you!
Paula Lorraine Walshe
Creative Arts for Early Childhood- Classroom Course
Standalone or Part of Level 5 Early Childhood Care and Education 5M2009 Major Award
When you engage in this creative arts for early childhood course you will gain knowledge and skills to enable you to to plan creative activities that promote a child’s learning, development and well-being, with specific regard to age and stage of development. Topics will also include the importance of consulting with children and enabling children to participate in planning for creative arts experiences. You will also study the use of open ended and natural materials in both the indoor and outdoor environment, findings on creativity in early childhood and recent changes in child care legislation.
FIND WHAT PEOPLE SAY ABOUT THIS COURSE.
All the reviews about Creative Arts for Early Childhood- Classroom course
WHAT WILL YOU DO ON THIS COURSE?
The Creative Arts for Early Childhood- Classroom course outline can be found below...
Induction - Before You Start
Creative Media Opportunities
Benefits of Creative Arts
Role of the Adult
Consulting with Children
Exploring and Creating Using Open-ended Materials and Natural Items
Respecting Children’s Choices and Decisions
Developmentally Appropriate Activities
Your Role and Responsibilities
DO YOU WANT TO GET A COURSE BROCHURE?
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THIS COURSE?
Check below for more details.
Single modules are the best way to build your path to becoming fully certified and
get recognised by NFQ education point scheme.
This Childcare Course is suitable for you if you are new to your role in childcare as an early years practitioner, or if you wish to gain this valuable qualification and find a job in this sector.
To commence this course, ideally you will have achieved Junior / Leaving Certificate standard or appropriate FETAC/QQI Qualification or equivalent. Mature Applicants with relevant life and work experience are welcomed. Where deemed appropriate, you may have to complete an English Language Proficiency Test.
The Course Advisor is available to meet with you to discuss and advise on the course details, career and academic opportunities and assess your suitability for the course.
Creative Arts for Early Childhood 5N1769·
A variety of creative media opportunities. The benefits of exploration and participation in creative arts for the child. The role of the adult in creating an environment in which children feel secure and confident enough to take risks and explore new situations.
In line with QQI's requirements there are 8 learning outcomes that are delivered as part of the course content.
- Examine a variety of creative media opportunities with young children
- Summarise the benefits of exploration and participation in creative arts for the child
- Explore the role of the adult in creating an environment in which children feel secure and confident enough to take risks and explore new situations
- Plan opportunities for consultation with children to plan and engage in creative arts experiences
- Test open ended materials and natural items for creative arts in both the indoor and outdoor environments appropriate to different stages of children's development
- Explore challenges for adults in respecting choices and decisions of children
- Employ developmentally appropriate creative arts activities which promote the holistic development of the child
- Reflect on own role and responsibilities when engaging in creative arts activities with children mindful of health and safety.
The course 5N1769 Creative Arts for Early Childhood is assessed in the following ways, with the following weighting; Project 40% and Collection of Work 60%.
Project 40%; A project is a individual to a brief with guidelines, that will be given to you on the first session of your course. They are carried out over a period of time. Projects involve: research – requiring individual investigation of a topic related to your course.
Collection of Work 60%; A collection of work is a collection and/or selection of pieces of work produced by you over the duration of the course that demonstrates your mastery of the skills. You will use guidelines provided by your tutor on the first session of your course. You will be required to compile a collection of your own work. The collection of work will demonstrate evidence of a range of the specific learning outcomes and or skills associated with this course.
Pass 50% - 64%
Merit 65% - 70%
Distinction 80% - 100%
You will have access to support from your tutor by phone and e-mail. Your tutor will provide you with their contact details at the first session of your course. Your tutor can direct you to further supports available that we provide.
Students receive a comprehensive Course Manual, Assignments, Efficient Studyguide, and unlimited one-to-one Tutor Support for the course duration.
You will be awarded a certificate 5N1769 Creative Arts for Early Childhood.
QQI is the awarding body. Forus Training is a provider of education and training programmes and we issue certificates to learners who have reached the standard for a QQI award. The certificate you will recieve on successful completion is a formal confirmation by QQI that you have demonstrated the knowledge, skill and competence required to achieve the named award.
This Programme is validated by QQI and is coded 5N1769 Creative Arts for Early Childhood. This certificate which will be issued to you by us is an award listed on the NFQ (National Framework of Qualifications). This ensures the certificate is nationally and internationally recognised and has many potential uses; for example, for further / higher education or employment in Ireland or abroad.
There are a few ways for you to book this programme.
1. Choose and purchase the programme online.
2. Choose, complete and submit the appropriate application form below
If you are booking this course as a stand alone module please use this application form https://forustraining.ie/knowledge-base/application-form…nd-alone-modules/
If you are booking this course as part of the major award; Early Childhood Care and Education 5M2009 please use this application form: https://forustraining.ie/knowledge-base/application-form…jor-award-5m2009/
Protection for Enrolled Learners (PEL) Policy
Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI) was established in November 2012 by the Qualifications and Quality Assurance (Education and Training) Act 2012 (the 2012 Act).
The 2012 Act sets out (in Part 6) legal requirements for QQI and providers of education and training (providers) regarding the Protection of Enrolled Learners (PEL).
The legal requirement ensures that learners enrolled on a programme, of longer than three months duration and where fees have been paid, are not disadvantaged in the event of the programme ceasing prior to completion.
For PEL arrangements relating to the programmes relating to this award please follow this link to more detailed information.
Protection for Enrolled Learners, Early Childhood Care and Education 5M2009
Terms and Conditions
Forus Training Courses - Booking, Cancellation and Refund Policy.
Forus Training’s goal is to fulfil and deliver on scheduled events as planned with learners who have fully committed to the event. In order to ensure courses run and are well subscribed and attended the following terms and conditions are in place. Course places are allocated on a first come basis, based on payment of course fees, or payment of your first instalment, where applicable.
Full payment of course fees is required before course commencement unless an instalment plan is agreed or a grantor or other third party e.g. Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection has approved funding in writing. Should the funding be withdrawn or your non-attendance or non submission of funding / documentation / assessment material not meet the funders criteria the full fee becomes payable by you the learner. If you have made a payment of course fees, in part or in full, and then are granted funding by a third party you will be refunded your payment when Forus Training receives payment from the funder.
Cancellation must be confirmed in writing more than 30 days prior to commencement of the course. Forus Training will refund the total amount paid less a minimum administration charge of €100. Deposit payments are non refundable in all circumstances. Cancellation after this period will result in full course fees being forfeited. Written notice should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you book within the 30 day period the option of cancellation will not be available to you. If written cancellation is not received 30 days prior to the course, and the learner does not attend on the day(s), then the learner, or the organisation, or the funder, is liable for full course fees. Forus Training reserves the right to change any of the details given in any of its course brochures. Forus Training reserves the right to cancel or postpone a course in the event of unforeseen circumstances or insufficient numbers.
If a course is oversubscribed or cancelled, learners will be given the option of a full refund or be booked onto the next available course. Scheduled course dates, days and times may change throughout the course. If a course is postponed by Forus Training by more than 60 days - from the original start date, the full fee is refundable to you. Forus Training is committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of information provided to us. The information you provide is necessary for the processing of your application. We may share your personal data with relevant third parties, where necessary in relation to the processing of your application. Please note course registrations and course fees are non-transferable.
What is QQI?
QQI is the state agency responsible for the external quality assurance of further and higher education and training in Ireland.
QQI are responsible for the external quality assurance of further and higher education and training in Ireland.
QQI validate programmes, make awards and are responsible for the promotion, maintenance, development and review of the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ).
QQI also inform the public about the quality of education and training programmes and qualifications, and advise the Government on national policy regarding quality assurance and enhancement in education and training.
Learn what our customers say
Hundreds of reviews written by our learners to help you pick
- The tutor was very helpful as were the support staff in the office with any queries I had regarding my course.Deirdre Boyhan
- Great course, our lecturer Paula was amazing, really knows her stuff and extremely helpful.Shannon Kelly
- Emma O Brien was a brilliant tutor. She was always great for getting back to any of my questions and in helping me while I was participating in the course.Ciara Curran
- I finished the course of Palliative Care. I found the course good, I felt very supported by my tutor Nancy Poynton. I learned a lot, and build on my knowledge and experience.Natalja Mangan
- Really enjoyed the Communications module with John Madden .
He was so helpful with his feedback and gave me great guidance along the way .
Looking forward to doing another module with him.Sandra Hartnett
- I completed the infection prevention and control course with forus, our tutor Nancy was very informative having worked in healthcare for a long number of years. I would highly recommend it.John Connolly
- I have recently completed a QQI Level 5 certificate in Infection Prevention & Control, which was delivered by Nancy Poynton. Nancy is an exemplary tutor. I highly recommend the above course and other healthcare courses delivered by Nancy.Philip Morrissey
- Was very happy with my trainer she was an excellent teacher and so helpful.. really enjoyed the zoom classesFidelma Penrose
- Positive: Professionalism Emma O Brien was a brilliant tutor. She was always great for getting back to any of my questions and in helping me while I was participating in the course.Ciara Curran
- This course is really adapted for Ukrainians. I quickly found a job after the course. I recommend this training, it is useful for any level of our Ukrainian education.Надія Миньо
- I worked in Ukraine in the restaurant business. Studying here helped me find a similar jobVikki Fox
- Recently completed a challenging behaviour course here found the tutor very helpful and friendly. The course was relevant and detailed and I really enjoyed the zoom classes. Would recommend this course for anyone working in the area.Jackie Mcginty
- Nancy was such a great tutor. So helpful and knowledgeable. She really puts you at ease throughout this course as she is so friendly and makes the course very enjoyableFlorence Smith
- Positive: Communication , Professionalism Excellent course. Have referred back to notes several times since attending course. Very clear instruction and valuable assistance and feedback on assignments. Would highly recommend Forus.Marie Boyd
- I really enjoyed doing my Major Award here. Good communication and information provided. Would recommend to anyone thinking of taking on a new courseJude Alexander
- Really enjoyed this course and would highly recommend to anyone. Emma O’ Brien was a very helpful tutor throughout and always available to answer questions.Linda Young
- Positive: Communication Really enjoyed the Communications module with John Madden . He was so helpful with his feedback and gave me great guidance along the way . Looking forward to doing another module with him.Sandra Hartnett
- Positive: Professionalism Great course & very professional approach. Tutor very helpful & pleasant to deal with. The course was well structured & easy to follow. Excellent value for moneyMichael Moran
- Текст отзыва: We passed Customer Services back in April. Today I found a job in a café. The manager asked me a question and I was able to answer them thanks to the course.Татьяна Ковалева
- I am doing a course with Forus Training and Tey are very supportive and helpful. I would recommend them any day.Lisa Williams