Personal and Professional Development - Level 6
Personal and Professional Development - Level 6
Do you qualify?
This Management Course is suitable for those who are new to their role in management or supervisory management or those who wish to gain this valuable qualification and find a job in this sector.
To commence this course ideally you will have achieved Junior / Leaving Certificate standard or appropriate FETAC/QQI Qualification or equivalent. Mature Applicants with relevant life and work experience are welcomed. Where deemed appropriate you may have to complete an English Language Proficiency Test.
The Programme Director is available to meet with prospective learners to discuss and advise on the course details, career and academic opportunities and assess your suitability for the course.
|Level: Level 6|
|QQI Credits: 15|
|Duration: 8 days|
|Start Time: 18:30|
|Finish Time: 21:30|
|Certificate of Completion|
Through this porgramme you will discover how to;
- Evaluate the principles and practice of personal development
- Identify the personal qualities and skills needed for effective participation in a chosen job or organisation, to include opportunities for further personal development and associated action plans
- Assess the role and practice of time management to include aids and strategies for good time management, the impact of poor time management and own personal time management behaviour
- Research the processes of problem-solving and decision-making, to include different approaches, strategies to handle difficult problems, contingency plans, and methods of implementing and evaluating a solution
- Analyse the uses of goals or objectives, to include their characteristics, the role of planning and prioritization, a range of tools and strategies to assist with achieving personal, civic or vocational goals or objectives, and the role of review and evaluation
- Evaluate how organisations manage change, to include information, communication, analysis of the forces behind change, motivating staff and other partners, and handling reactions to change
- Determine strategies to resolve personal or interpersonal conflict, to include an understanding of different personalities and how they react to conflict, common causes of conflict and the role of assertiveness and co-operation in conflict resolution
- Link goals or objectives to available budgets and financial plans, to include periodic review and adaptation of resources to plans
- Delegate tasks to others, to include appropriate planning, identification of skills and strengths in others, review and management of any issues arising
- Respond appropriately to feedback and constructive criticism on personal performance
- Use strategies to recognise and cope with stress, setback and workplace pressure
- Reflect on own personal and professional development to include goal or objective-setting, action planning, implementation, ongoing review, personal initiative.
The course 6N1949 Personal and Professional Development is assessed in the following ways, with the following weighting; Collection of Work 50% and Skills Demonstration 50%.
Collection of Work 50%; A collection of work is a collection and/or selection of pieces of work produced by you over the duration of the course that demonstrates your mastery of the skills. You will use guidelines provided by your tutor on the first session of your course. You will be required to compile a collection of your own work. The collection of work will demonstrate evidence of a range of the specific learning outcomes and or skills associated with this course.
Skills Demonstration 50%; A skills demonstration is an assessment of mastery of specified practical, organisational and/or interpersonal skills.
These skills are by your tutor and/or another qualified person in the centre for whom you will undertake relevant tasks. The skills may be demonstrated in a range of conditions, such as in the learning environment, in a role-play exercise, or in a real-life/work
situations. The candidate may submit a written report/supporting documentation as
part of the assessment.
Pass 50% - 64%
Merit 65% - 70%
Distinction 80% - 100%
You will have access to support from your tutor by phone and e-mail. Your tutor will provide you with their contact details at the first session of your course. Your tutor can direct you to further supports available that we provide.
Students receive a comprehensive Course Manual, Assignments, Efficient Study guide, and unlimited one-to-one Tutor Support for the course duration.
You will be awarded a certificate 6N1949 Personal and Professional Development
QQI is the awarding body. Forus Training is a provider of education and training programmes and we issue certificates to learners who have reached the standard for a QQI award. The certificate you will receive on successful completion is a formal confirmation by QQI that you have demonstrated the knowledge, skill and competence required to achieve the named award.
This Programme is validated by QQI and is coded 6N1949 Personal and Professional Development. This certificate which will be issued to you by us is an award listed on the NFQ (National Framework of Qualifications). This ensures the certificate is nationally and internationally recognised and has many potential uses; for example, for further / higher education or employment in Ireland or abroad.
How To Apply
The fees for this course are payable in advance of the programme.
How to Apply
To apply for this course simply click the BOOK NOW button on the right to apply online or download an application form here.
Protection for Enrolled Learners
As a course provider our policy on the protection for learners is subject to Section 43 of the Qualifications Act. This means that if, for whatever reason, we cease to provide the programme that is over 3 months in duration which you enrolled for, we have specific and legally binding arrangements in place to finish out that programme for you at no extra cost. All course fees for programmes over 3 months in duration are fully protected and secured. Please click here for further details.
There may be funding available to you. For information on funding that may be available please click here.
Easy Payment Plan
All our learning courses can be paid for over the duration of the course. In this case the course booking fee is €95 payable in advance.
To calculate your weekly payment subtract the booking deposit of €95 from the course fee, then simply divide the remaining course fee by 50 and then this is the number of weekly installments you will have to pay your tutor at the beginning of each session / a phoned in payment / an arranged bank payment / weekly payment on-line. There will be an amount of less than €50 as your final payment.
Full course fee: €360
Subtract €95 = €265
Divide €265 by 50 = 5.3
Payment week 1 = €50
Payment week 2 = €50
Payment week 3 = €50
Payment week 4 = €50
Payment week 5 = €50
Payment week 6 = €15
Terms and Conditions
Please note that when you opt to pay by Easy Payment Plan over the duration of your course you are entering a legally binding contract for which you will be personally liable. This Easy Payment Plan is not available with any special offers. Forus Training reserves the right to postpone any course. Upon completing this booking form, a non-refundable deposit as per your invoice is required to reserve a place on this course. In order to be refunded your deposit an acknowledged cancellation must be made in writing ten working days before the course start date. No fee refund will be made to customers who do not attend class or do not finish the course. Full fees must be paid prior to the course start date unless otherwise agreed in writing. Once signed, these terms and conditions are binding.
This course leads to a level 6 award on the National Framework of Qualifications. Students who successfully complete this programme may use their credits towards completing a higher level of study in the area of Business/Management.
Students who successfully complete this Major Award can also use the Certificate as the basis for entry into selected courses in Third Level Colleges and Universities.
Click here to download a pdf version of – Progression from QQI Level 5 Certificates and Level 6 Advanced Certificates to Higher Education Courses 2017.