Please, fill in the form or call us. We will be happy to help you!
Bookkeeping Manual and Computerised - Self Paced Course
Standalone or Part of Level 5 Business Studies 5M2102 Major Award
This course is for those new to bookkeeping and will equip the learner with the knowledge and skills needed to produce and maintain bookkeeping records using manual and computerised systems.
FIND WHAT PEOPLE SAY ABOUT THIS COURSE.
All the reviews about Bookkeeping Manual and Computerised - Self Paced course
WHAT WILL YOU DO ON THIS COURSE?
The Bookkeeping Manual and Computerised - Self Paced course outline can be found below...
Induction - Before You Start
Fundamentals of Bookkeeping
Daybooks Recording Transactions
Daybooks to Ledgers
Cash Book and General Journal
Trial Balance and VAT Return
Bank Reconciliation Statement
Features of Accounting Software
DO YOU WANT TO GET A COURSE BROCHURE?
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THIS COURSE?
Check below for more details.
Single modules are the best way to build your path to becoming fully certified and
get recognised by NFQ education point scheme.
This course is suitable for you if you are new to your role in management or supervisory management or if you wish to gain this valuable qualification and find a job in this sector.
To commence this course, ideally you will have achieved Junior / Leaving Certificate standard or appropriate FETAC/QQI Qualification or equivalent. Mature Applicants with relevant life and work experience are welcomed. Where deemed appropriate you may have to complete an English Language Proficiency Test.
The Course Advisor is available to meet with you to discuss and advise you on the course details, career and academic opportunities and assess your suitability for the course.
Through this porgramme you will discover how to;
- Explain the key terminology associated with the recording and maintenance of bookkeeping records, using manual and computerised systems
- Outline the advantages and disadvantages of a computerised system over a manual one for record keeping purposes
- Complete the books of first entry with appropriate VAT and departmental analysis from the information contained in a range of source documents to include; invoices, credit notes, bank records, petty cash vouchers
- Post the information from the daybooks to the appropriate accounts in the ledgers
- Extract a trial balance at the end of an accounting period
- Prepare a Bank Reconciliation Statement from data supplied
- Prepare the end-of-period VAT Return in accordance with the requirements of the Revenue Commissioners
- Process all tasks as per the manual ones using an accounts package, comparing manual and computerised results
- Analyse tasks completed making appropriate corrections to any errors and editing of data as directed
- Print a selection of reports after backing up computerised data on a suitable medium.
The course 5N1354 Bookkeeping Manual and Computerised assessed in the following ways, with the following weighting; Project 50% and Examination Practical 50%.
Project 50%; A project is a individual to a brief with guidelines, that will be given to you on the first session of your course. They are carried out over a period of time. Projects involve: research – requiring individual investigation of a topic related to your course.
Examination Practical 50%; An examination will assess your ability to recall and apply skills, knowledge and understanding within a set period of time (time constrained) and under examination conditions. This will be a written examination of 2 hours duration.
Pass 50% - 64%
Merit 65% - 70%
Distinction 80% - 100%
You will have access to support from your tutor by phone and e-mail. Your tutor will provide you with their contact details at the first session of your course. Your tutor can direct you to further supports available that we provide.
Students receive a comprehensive Course Manual, Assignments, Efficient Studyguide, and unlimited one-to-one Tutor Support for the course duration.
You will be awarded a certificate 5N1354 Bookkeeping Manual and Computerised
QQI is the awarding body. Forus Training is a provider of education and training programmes and we issue certificates to learners who have reached the standard for a QQI award. The certificate you will receive on successful completion is a formal confirmation by QQI that you have demonstrated the knowledge, skill and competence required to achieve the named award.
This Programme is validated by QQI and is coded 5N1354 Bookkeeping Manual and Computerised . This certificate which will be issued to you by us is an award listed on the NFQ (National Framework of Qualifications). This ensures the certificate is nationally and internationally recognised and has many potential uses; for example, for further / higher education or employment in Ireland or abroad.
This course leads to a level 5 award on the National Framework of Qualifications. Students who successfully complete this programme may use their credits towards completing a higher level of study in the area of Business.
Students who successfully complete this Major Award can also use the Certificate as the basis for entry into selected courses in Third Level Colleges and Universities.
Click here to download a pdf version of – Progression from QQI Level 5 Certificates and Level 6 Advanced Certificates to Higher Education Courses 2017.
The fees for this course are payable in advance of the programme.
How to Apply
To apply for this course simply click the BOOK NOW button on the right to apply online or download an application form here.
Protection for Enrolled Learners
As a course provider our policy on the protection for learners is subject to Section 43 of the Qualifications Act. This means that if, for whatever reason, we cease to provide the programme that is over 3 months in duration which you enrolled for, we have specific and legally binding arrangements in place to finish out that programme for you at no extra cost. All course fees for programmes over 3 months in duration are fully protected and secured. Please click here for further details.
There may be funding available to you. For information on funding that may be available please click here.
Easy Payment Plan
All our learning courses can be paid for over the duration of the course. In this case the course booking fee is €95 payable in advance.
To calculate your weekly payment subtract the booking deposit of €95 from the course fee, then simply divide the remaining course fee by 50 and then this is the number of weekly installments you will have to pay your tutor at the beginning of each session / a phoned in payment / an arranged bank payment / weekly payment on-line. There will be an amount of less than €50 as your final payment.
Full course fee: €360
Subtract €95 = €265
Divide €265 by 50 = 5.3
Payment week 1 = €50
Payment week 2 = €50
Payment week 3 = €50
Payment week 4 = €50
Payment week 5 = €50
Payment week 6 = €15
Terms and Conditions
Please note that when you opt to pay by Easy Payment Plan over the duration of your course you are entering a legally binding contract for which you will be personally liable. This Easy Payment Plan is not available with any special offers. Forus Training reserves the right to postpone any course. Upon completing this booking form, a non-refundable deposit as per your invoice is required to reserve a place on this course. In order to be refunded your deposit an acknowledged cancellation must be made in writing ten working days before the course start date. No fee refund will be made to customers who do not attend class or do not finish the course. Full fees must be paid prior to the course start date unless otherwise agreed in writing. Once signed, these terms and conditions are binding.
What is QQI?
QQI is the state agency responsible for the external quality assurance of further and higher education and training in Ireland.
QQI are responsible for the external quality assurance of further and higher education and training in Ireland.
QQI validate programmes, make awards and are responsible for the promotion, maintenance, development and review of the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ).
QQI also inform the public about the quality of education and training programmes and qualifications, and advise the Government on national policy regarding quality assurance and enhancement in education and training.
Learn what our customers say
Hundreds of reviews written by our learners to help you pick
- Nancy was such a great tutor. So helpful and knowledgeable. She really puts you at ease throughout this course as she is so friendly and makes the course very enjoyableFlorence Smith
- Was very happy with my trainer she was an excellent teacher and so helpful.. really enjoyed the zoom classesFidelma Penrose
- Recently completed a challenging behaviour course here found the tutor very helpful and friendly. The course was relevant and detailed and I really enjoyed the zoom classes. Would recommend this course for anyone working in the area.Jackie Mcginty
- I completed the infection prevention and control course with forus, our tutor Nancy was very informative having worked in healthcare for a long number of years. I would highly recommend it.John Connolly
- I really enjoyed doing my Major Award here. Good communication and information provided. Would recommend to anyone thinking of taking on a new courseJude Alexander
- I am doing a course with Forus Training and Tey are very supportive and helpful. I would recommend them any day.Lisa Williams
- I worked in Ukraine in the restaurant business. Studying here helped me find a similar jobVikki Fox
- Really enjoyed the Communications module with John Madden .
He was so helpful with his feedback and gave me great guidance along the way .
Looking forward to doing another module with him.Sandra Hartnett
- Great course, our lecturer Paula was amazing, really knows her stuff and extremely helpful.Shannon Kelly
- Positive: Professionalism Emma O Brien was a brilliant tutor. She was always great for getting back to any of my questions and in helping me while I was participating in the course.Ciara Curran
- Really enjoyed this course and would highly recommend to anyone. Emma O’ Brien was a very helpful tutor throughout and always available to answer questions.Linda Young
- The tutor was very helpful as were the support staff in the office with any queries I had regarding my course.Deirdre Boyhan
- I finished the course of Palliative Care. I found the course good, I felt very supported by my tutor Nancy Poynton. I learned a lot, and build on my knowledge and experience.Natalja Mangan
- This course is really adapted for Ukrainians. I quickly found a job after the course. I recommend this training, it is useful for any level of our Ukrainian education.Надія Миньо
- Positive: Professionalism Great course & very professional approach. Tutor very helpful & pleasant to deal with. The course was well structured & easy to follow. Excellent value for moneyMichael Moran
- Emma O Brien was a brilliant tutor. She was always great for getting back to any of my questions and in helping me while I was participating in the course.Ciara Curran
- Positive: Communication , Professionalism Excellent course. Have referred back to notes several times since attending course. Very clear instruction and valuable assistance and feedback on assignments. Would highly recommend Forus.Marie Boyd
- Positive: Communication Really enjoyed the Communications module with John Madden . He was so helpful with his feedback and gave me great guidance along the way . Looking forward to doing another module with him.Sandra Hartnett
- Текст отзыва: We passed Customer Services back in April. Today I found a job in a café. The manager asked me a question and I was able to answer them thanks to the course.Татьяна Ковалева
- I have recently completed a QQI Level 5 certificate in Infection Prevention & Control, which was delivered by Nancy Poynton. Nancy is an exemplary tutor. I highly recommend the above course and other healthcare courses delivered by Nancy.Philip Morrissey