Forus Training, Castle House, Castle Street. Mullingar. Co. Westmeath
Tel: 0 44 9349400 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opening Statement
We respect your privacy and your rights to control your personal data. We will be clear about what data we collect and why we collect it. This privacy notice explains the personal information we collect from you, why we collect it, how we will use it and how we protect it. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We collect personal data to provide advice, training and certification on Further Education and Training Services.
Forus Training is a Controller of the personal data you (the data subject) provide us. We can collect the following types of personal data from you:
- First Name
- Learner Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Phone Number
- All previous addresses
- Email Address
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of Address
- Medical Card ID (if applicable)
- Job Title
- Professional Experience
- Educational Qualifications
- Person’s Interests (Course)
- Course / Event ID Previous Course (s) if applicable
- Video recordings of you where applicable as evidence of your skills
Sensitive Personal Data, with your consent, regarding Training Needs Analysis
- Psychological assessments
- Special Education Needs’ files
- Garda vetting details
- Credit / Debit Card details
- Bank details in the case of Direct Debits / Refunds
Please be assured that protection of personal data remains a priority at this time. We will only share your personal information where the law allows, and we always aim to share the minimum data necessary to achieve the purpose required.
- Why Do We Collect Your Personal Data?
We use the personal data you share with us to process your interest requests and to provide you with training advice and for business administration, educational services through teaching, research and associated academic and administrative activities, for example, recruitment of learners, provision of programmes of study, examinations, engaging with accrediting bodies and Government agencies such as Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI), and the Department of Education & Skills.
We rely on the following legal bases to process your personal data:
- Contract – When you engage and voluntarily provide personal data to enquire about or purchase our products or services.
- Legitimate Interest – To respond to queries and the general administration of our business
- Consent – To process your special category data.
- Legal Obligation
- Sharing & Disclosure
We strive to keep your personal data safe and only share it when necessary. We recognise that you have a right to know that the information you share with Forus Training is maintained confidentially.
We do not rent or sell your personal data to anyone. We do not share your personal data with third parties unless you have given us your consent.
However in certain limited circumstances, obtaining consent may be impractical, not possible, or undesirable. Examples could include:
- Where the disclosure is required by law.
- Where the disclosure is required to prevent, detect, or investigate offences.
- Where the disclosure is required urgently to prevent injury, or other damage to the health of a person, or otherwise to protect the vital interests of the learner.
- What do we do with your data?
We process your personal data onsite in Forus Training, at the above address.
We have agreements in place with various providers to protect personal data. We use Learning Management System which uses European servers to store and process personal data, The Learning Management System is cloud based and integrates with our payment platform, and accounting software. We use e-mail services to conduct satisfaction surveys to circulate our newsletter and to follow up on enquiries you have made. We use a shared cloud based email application and a cloud based web chat and web text to communicate with enquirers and learners. We use a cloud based service to host virtual classes on our blended learning programmes.
Your data is also processed through QQI – Quality Qualifications Ireland to submit your results for certification.
- How long do we keep your personal data?
Forus Training retains all personal data in accordance with its Data Retention Policy. Forus Training will need to maintain some records relating to you after you complete in order to provide services to you as a previous learner of Forus Training and for the reasons set out below:
- Verifying your award
- Providing transcripts of your marks
- Opportunities for further study
- Academic references
- Careers support
- Revenue Commissioners
- Where we are under a duty to disclose your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies).
- Your personal information may also be processed if it is necessary in the defence of a legal claim. We will not delete personal information if relevant to an investigation or a dispute. It will continue to be stored until those issues are fully resolved.
- What Cookies do we use on our site?Please click a link to see our cookies policy. – https://forustraining.ie/cookie-policy/
- How do we keep your personal data secure?
We use appropriate technical, organisational, and administrative security measures to protect all personal data we hold in our records and keep it secure.
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure with us and with the data processors who act on our behalf. We are continuously taking technical and organisational steps to better protect your information. Data Protection training is mandatory for all staff.
- What are your rights?
Your rights relating to your personal data include:
- to be informed (via this privacy notice and other communications) – please contact the Data Protection Co-Ordinator if you have any concerns regarding how your personal data is processed.
- to request access to Personal Data held by Forus Training, and to have any incorrect Personal Data rectified
- where appropriate, to the restriction of processing concerning you or to object to processing
- to have Personal Data erased, where appropriate
- to data portability regarding certain automated Personal Data
- to restrict the use of the data we hold and the right to object to Forus Training using your data – please contact the Data Protection Co-Ordinator if you believe your personal data is being used unlawfully or you have reason particular to your personal situation why we should not be processing it.
Requests for any of the above should be addressed by email to email@example.com. Your request will be processed within 30 days of receipt.
Updating your details: The GDPR requires that personal data is accurate. Please let Forus Training know if your personal data changes, such as a change of address or telephone number. If we do not have the correct contact details we may be unable to provide you with important information you require, for example, an exam date or deadline this could result in serious consequences, or your certificate could be posted to the wrong address. You can advise us of any changes to your personal data by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Processing Personal Data: You must comply with Forus Training’s Data Protection Policy and the GDPR if, as a learner, you have access to the personal data of others; or if you wish to collect or process any personal data as part of your studies or research.
You must ensure that you notify and seek approval from your Trainer before any processing occurs. If you are processing personal data other than as part of your studies, you should contact the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner (Supervisory Authority) as you will not be covered under Forus Training’s Data Protection Policy. You can contact that Office at email@example.com or by writing to the Data Protection Commission, 21 Fitzwilliam Square South, Dublin 2, D02 RD28.