Please, fill in the form or call us. We will be happy to help you!
FIND WHAT PEOPLE SAY ABOUT THIS COURSE.
All the reviews about Horticultural Tools and Equipment course
WHAT WILL YOU DO ON THIS COURSE?
The Horticultural Tools and Equipment course outline can be found below...
DO YOU WANT TO GET A COURSE BROCHURE?
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THIS COURSE?
Check below for more details.
Single modules are the best way to build your path to becoming fully certified and
get recognised by NFQ education point scheme.
In order to start on this course you will need your Junior Certificate or QQI Level 3 or equivalent.
If you are not sure whether you have completed an equivalent course please contact us on 044 9349400 or at email@example.com.
Applicants will have the opportunity to advise of any additional learning requirements on application/registration.
- List common tools and equipment used in horticultural operations and workshops to include their primary use and hazards associated with their use
- Describe safe operating practices for a range of tools and equipment to include both hand and power
- Prepare power hand tools and equipment for use to include using appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), pre-starting safety checks, mixing fuel, checking for leaks and damage while adhering to manufacturers' recommendations and operators' manuals
- Use a range of hand tools safely including a hoe, rake, fork and spade
- Use power hand tools safely including a two-stroke engine powered strimmer and a hedge cutter
- Operate a pedestrian rotovator, scarifier, knapsack sprayer, mechanised raker, pedestrian mower, rideon mower, trailing mower and compact-type tractor mower
- Maintain all equipment while in use to include setting height of cut, removing blade for maintenance, sharpening blade, refuelling, replacing cord or gut as needed, and maintaining lubrication and filters
- Prepare tools and equipment for storage to include cleaning and storage procedures
- Operate within appropriate safety procedures to create and maintain a safe working environment including safety standards regarding lifting, carrying and handling plants, tools and equipment.
The assessor is responsible for devising assessment instruments (e.g. project and assignment briefs, examination papers), assessment criteria and mark sheets, consistent with the techniques identified below and QQI’s assessment requirements.
Programme validation will require providers to map each learning outcome to its associated assessment technique. All learning outcomes must be assessed and achieved in accordance with the minimum intended module learning outcomes set out in the validated programme.
Skills Demonstration 80%
Examination - Theory 20%
QQI Level 4 4N0683 Horticultural Tools and Equipment - Level 4 10 Credits
1. Minor Award - Level 4
Single modules build to make a major award
2. Major Award - Level 4
90 credits in the right modules
3. Major Award - Level 5
Advance to a Level 5 award
4. Employment Opportunities
Garden Centres etc
- Apply online or request a call-back
- Online payment or in person
What is QQI?
QQI is the state agency responsible for the external quality assurance of further and higher education and training in Ireland.
QQI are responsible for the external quality assurance of further and higher education and training in Ireland.
QQI validate programmes, make awards and are responsible for the promotion, maintenance, development and review of the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ).
QQI also inform the public about the quality of education and training programmes and qualifications, and advise the Government on national policy regarding quality assurance and enhancement in education and training.
Learn what our customers say
Hundreds of reviews written by our learners to help you pick
- I finished the course of Palliative Care. I found the course good, I felt very supported by my tutor Nancy Poynton. I learned a lot, and build on my knowledge and experience.Natalja Mangan
- I worked in Ukraine in the restaurant business. Studying here helped me find a similar jobVikki Fox
- Emma O Brien was a brilliant tutor. She was always great for getting back to any of my questions and in helping me while I was participating in the course.Ciara Curran
- Positive: Communication , Professionalism Excellent course. Have referred back to notes several times since attending course. Very clear instruction and valuable assistance and feedback on assignments. Would highly recommend Forus.Marie Boyd
- Positive: Communication Really enjoyed the Communications module with John Madden . He was so helpful with his feedback and gave me great guidance along the way . Looking forward to doing another module with him.Sandra Hartnett
- Nancy was such a great tutor. So helpful and knowledgeable. She really puts you at ease throughout this course as she is so friendly and makes the course very enjoyableFlorence Smith
- Текст отзыва: We passed Customer Services back in April. Today I found a job in a café. The manager asked me a question and I was able to answer them thanks to the course.Татьяна Ковалева
- Really enjoyed the Communications module with John Madden .
He was so helpful with his feedback and gave me great guidance along the way .
Looking forward to doing another module with him.Sandra Hartnett
- This course is really adapted for Ukrainians. I quickly found a job after the course. I recommend this training, it is useful for any level of our Ukrainian education.Надія Миньо
- Really enjoyed this course and would highly recommend to anyone. Emma O’ Brien was a very helpful tutor throughout and always available to answer questions.Linda Young
- Positive: Professionalism Great course & very professional approach. Tutor very helpful & pleasant to deal with. The course was well structured & easy to follow. Excellent value for moneyMichael Moran
- I have recently completed a QQI Level 5 certificate in Infection Prevention & Control, which was delivered by Nancy Poynton. Nancy is an exemplary tutor. I highly recommend the above course and other healthcare courses delivered by Nancy.Philip Morrissey
- The tutor was very helpful as were the support staff in the office with any queries I had regarding my course.Deirdre Boyhan
- I completed the infection prevention and control course with forus, our tutor Nancy was very informative having worked in healthcare for a long number of years. I would highly recommend it.John Connolly
- Recently completed a challenging behaviour course here found the tutor very helpful and friendly. The course was relevant and detailed and I really enjoyed the zoom classes. Would recommend this course for anyone working in the area.Jackie Mcginty
- I am doing a course with Forus Training and Tey are very supportive and helpful. I would recommend them any day.Lisa Williams
- Was very happy with my trainer she was an excellent teacher and so helpful.. really enjoyed the zoom classesFidelma Penrose
- I really enjoyed doing my Major Award here. Good communication and information provided. Would recommend to anyone thinking of taking on a new courseJude Alexander
- Great course, our lecturer Paula was amazing, really knows her stuff and extremely helpful.Shannon Kelly
- Positive: Professionalism Emma O Brien was a brilliant tutor. She was always great for getting back to any of my questions and in helping me while I was participating in the course.Ciara Curran