Please, fill in the form or call us. We will be happy to help you!
Supervisory Management (Healthcare) - Online with Live Tutorial Sessions Course
Standalone or Part of Level 6 Health Services Supervisory Management Skills 6M4978 Major Award
This course provides you with relevant knowledge, skill and competence to work in a range of sectors independently in a supervisory setting of your choice.
FIND WHAT PEOPLE SAY ABOUT THIS COURSE.
All the reviews about Supervisory Management (Healthcare) - Online course
WHAT WILL YOU DO ON THIS COURSE?
The Supervisory Management (Healthcare) - Online course outline can be found below...
Induction - Before You Start
Session 1.1 - Resources
Session 1.2 - Resources
Session 1.3 - Resources
Planning and Organising
Session 3 - Resources
Session 5 - Resources
Planning and Documentary Evidence
Session 7 - Resources
DO YOU WANT TO GET A COURSE BROCHURE?
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THIS COURSE?
Check below for more details.
get recognised by NFQ education point scheme.
This Supervisory Management Course is suitable for you if you are new to your role in management or supervisory management or if you wish to gain this valuable qualification and find a job in this sector.
Access to the Programme
Entry criteria / prerequisites Level 5 Certificate / Leaving Certificate (or equivalent) or relevant life experience detailed in a current Curriculum Vitae. Please provide details and attach a copy of either a current CV or Certificate. Learners must be a resident of Ireland / based in Ireland.
As this NFQ level 6 qualification is delivered through English it is necessary learners will have sufficient written English skills to complete this course. Forus Training recommends a minimum English language competency of IELTS 5.5 (or equivalent) for successful completion of this programme. If you are not sure what level of English competency you have, please contact email@example.com and a Course Advisor will arrange for you to take an assessment.
IT Skills and Equipment Required
- An internet connection with a speed of at least 10mbps.
- The latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Edge or Safari, set to accept cookies and pop-ups.
- Adobe Flash and Adobe Reader, to view content.
- Word processing software, such as MS Word or Google Docs.
- Some courses include video, therefore your computer must be capable of playing video and sound.
* eLearning and tutor support may vary by course, please check each course page for details.
Throughout this programme, you will discover how to;
- Summarise the duties and responsibilities of a supervisory manager, to include reference to relevant policies and services in the chosen vocational or work environment
- Evaluate up-to-date industry standards, guidelines and recommended practices that affect the work environment, to include the purpose and methods of supervision, the staff code of conduct, advantages and disadvantages of in-house and contract staff, and of membership of professional or trade associations, trade unions and/or a works committee
- Describe the precautions necessary to safeguard information and/or records
- Describe key steps required to recruit staff, to include pre-planning, methods to source and screen staff, use of an application form to shortlist candidates, and the benefits of a chosen approach
- Analyse the risks for which adequate insurance cover is recommended
- Draft a range of procedures for work-related activities, to include lines of communication with clients, colleagues and other relevant parties, procedures for maintaining effective standards of service, criteria for staff recruitment, criteria for supervisory procedures
- Devise a system for maintaining work-related records, to include operational records, a work roster for operational staff, and a maintenance schedule for equipment and vehicles
- Prepare a departmental budget, to include details of planned spending under a number of headings and of contingency spending
- Train staff, drawing on up-to-date industry standards in training using appropriate aids and supporting material, and assessing the suitability of individuals during the training session
- Carry out staff evaluations to include achievement of objectives, feedback on performance, identification of opportunities for personal development.
The course 6N4329 Supervisory Management is assessed in the following ways, with the following weighting;
- Skills Demonstration 60%
- Collection of Work 40%.
A skills demonstration is used to assess a wide range of practical based learning outcomes including practical skills and knowledge. A skills demonstration will require the learner to complete a task or series of tasks that demonstrate a range of skills.
Portfolio / Collection of Work
A portfolio or collection of work is a collection and/or selection of pieces of work produced by the learner over a period of time that demonstrates achievement of a range of learning outcomes. The collection may be self-generated or may be generated in response to a particular brief or tasks/activities devised by the assessor.
Pass 50% - 64%
Merit 65% - 70%
Distinction 80% - 100%
At Forus Training, we have many different supports available for your learning.
- This learner pack contains clear assessment instructions and material to support you as you complete the course.
- The trainer provides support to learners, including issuing feedback on draft work you will submit. Expect to wait up to 72 hours for response by email from your trainer - many of our trainers have full time jobs as well as training with us. This ensures that they are up to date with practice in the management sector in which they work.
- Trainers can, by appointment, make time available to you before or after class to answer queries that cannot be covered in the session. They can also make an appointment with you to discuss your work on a telephone call.
Assessment Upload Facility
- We have a comprehensive assessment upload facility available to you. The assessment upload facility is easy to operate.
- If it has been a while since you’ve studied, we have free, short presentations on Study Skills, Academic Writing and Harvard Referencing to assist you in your work.
● Extenuating circumstances.
- Please see P9 S7 C6 Compassionate Consideration Policy.
Supports for Learners with Disabilities and Specific Learning Difficulties
- A reasonable accommodation is any action that helps to alleviate a substantial disadvantage due to an impairment or medical condition. Such accommodations are put in place to help reduce these barriers in order to provide equality of access and opportunity for all. Reasonable accommodations are made for Learners on a case by case basis and must be supported with medical documentation. Both P9 S2 C6 Evidence of Disability Form and P9 S2 C6A Application Form for Reasonable Accommodation can be found at the following link:
This course leads to a level 6 award on the National Framework of Qualifications. Students who successfully complete this programme may use their credits towards completing a higher level of study in the area of Business/Management.
There are a few ways for you to book this programme.
1. Choose and purchase the programme online.
2. Choose, complete and submit the appropriate application form below
If you are booking this course as part of the major award; Management 6M4587 please use this application form: https://forustraining.ie/knowledge-base/application-form…jor-award-6m4587/
Protection for Enrolled Learners (PEL) Policy
Protection of Enrolled Learners, Management 6M4587 https://forustraining.ie/knowledge-base/protection-of-en…anagement-6m4587/
Terms and Conditions
Forus Training Courses - Booking, Cancellation and Refund Policy.
What is QQI?
Learn what our customers say
Hundreds of reviews written by our learners to help you pick
He was so helpful with his feedback and gave me great guidance along the way .
Looking forward to doing another module with him.Sandra Hartnett
- Philip Morrissey
- I worked in Ukraine in the restaurant business. Studying here helped me find a similar jobVikki Fox
- Надія Миньо
- Fidelma Penrose
- Lisa Williams
- Michael Moran
- Linda Young
- Jackie Mcginty
- John Connolly
- Marie Boyd
- Татьяна Ковалева
- Sandra Hartnett
- Jude Alexander
- Ciara Curran
- Great course, our lecturer Paula was amazing, really knows her stuff and extremely helpful.Shannon Kelly
- Natalja Mangan
- Deirdre Boyhan
- Ciara Curran
- Florence Smith