Please, fill in the form or call us. We will be happy to help you!
Applied Behavioural Analysis - Online with Live Tutorial Sessions Course
Standalone or Part of Level 5 Intellectual Disability Practice 5M1761 Major Award
This module is suitable for those looking to understand and use the science of behaviour to help individuals they work with to make meaningful gains in key skill areas to achieve a higher quality of life. This includes but is not limited to parents, teachers, SNAs, childcare practitioners, therapists and caregivers of learners with Autism, Down Syndrome, Developmental Delay, Learning Disability, Intellectual Disability, or those who find themselves in a difficult life situation.
FIND WHAT PEOPLE SAY ABOUT THIS COURSE.
All the reviews about Applied Behavioural Analysis - Online course
WHAT WILL YOU DO ON THIS COURSE?
The Applied Behavioural Analysis - Online course outline can be found below...
Induction - Before You Start
Introduction to Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA)
Behaviour and the Wider Environment
Introduction to Reinforcement
Reinforcement in Skill Acquisition
Special Applications of Behaviour Change Technologies
Putting it Together
DO YOU WANT TO GET A COURSE BROCHURE?
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THIS COURSE?
Check below for more details.
Single modules are the best way to build your path to becoming fully certified and
get recognised by NFQ education point scheme.
This course is suitable for you if you are new to your role in health or social care or if you wish to gain this valuable qualification and find a job in this sector.
Access to the Programme
Mature Applicants with relevant life and work experience are welcomed. The Course Advisor is available to meet with prospective learners to discuss and advise on the course details, career and academic opportunities and assess your suitability for the course.
Entry criteria / prerequisites Level 4 Certificate or relevant life experience detailed in a current Curriculum Vitae. Please provide details and attach a copy of either a current CV or Certificate. Learners must be a resident of Ireland / based in Ireland.
As this NFQ level 5 qualification is delivered through English it is necessary learners will have sufficient written English skills to complete this course. Forus Training recommends a minimum English language competency of IELTS 5.5 (or equivalent) for successful completion of this programme. If you are not sure what level of English competency you have, please contact email@example.com and a Course Advisor will arrange for you to take an assessment.
IT Skills and Equipment Required
Basic working knowledge of computers and access to a computer with internet access is required to do the course. A PC with Windows 8 or later or a Mac with OSX 10.5 or later.
- An internet connection with a speed of at least 10mbps.
- The latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Edge or Safari, set to accept cookies and pop-ups.
- Adobe Flash and Adobe Reader, to view content.
- Word processing software, such as MS Word or Google Docs.
- Some courses include video, therefore your computer must be capable of playing video and sound.
* eLearning and tutor support may vary by course, please check each course page for details.
To reinforce inclusion for all our learners we offer customised learning support for individual applicants who require accommodations. Additional Requirements Forus Training provide a range of supports for learners to ensure that our programmes and services are accessible to all.
On application for a course with Forus Training please discuss any additional requirements with the Course Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org so that the appropriate supports for teaching, learning and assessment can be considered. It is important that you discuss your needs with centre staff as early as possible.
Throughout this course you will discover how to;
- Define the term reinforcement as used in applied behaviour analysis
- List the four categories of reinforcers
- Outline the reasons for analysing the link between behaviour and environment
- Identify ways in which ABA can help improve the supports for people with intellectual disabilities
- Define the terms antecedent, behaviour and consequence as used in the ABC recordings for the analysis of behaviour
- Define what is meant by a prompting as used in applied behaviour analysis
- List the four types of prompts and the two ways of prompt delivery
- Outline the difference between continuous and intermittent reinforcement
- Define what is meant by fading as used in applied behaviour analysis
- Demonstrate how to use the ABC framework to record and analyse behaviour
- Design a teaching strategy in response to an identified support need
- Demonstrate the use of different types of prompting and fading strategies
- Build and use a token board, a first-then board or develop a behaviour contract for an individual with intellectual disability
- Develop a preference assessment for an individual with intellectual disability
- Explain what is meant by token board, first-then board and behaviour contract and how these would be used
- Explain what is meant by set up and pay offs and how these would be used
- Discuss the link between applied behaviour analysis and quality of life
- Explain why continuous reinforcement is vital in the early stages of skill acquisition
- Evaluate a training strategy that uses applied behaviour analysis
- Discuss ways in which the generalisation of learning can be promoted.
The course 5N1729 Applied Behaviour Analysis is assessed in the following ways, with the following weighting;
- Assignment 30%
- Skills Demonstration 30%
- Examination 40% of marks.
An assignment is an exercise carried out in response to a brief with specific guidelines as to what should be included. An assignment is usually of short duration and may be carried out over a specified period of time.
Skills Demonstration 30%;
A skills demonstration is used to assess a wide range of practical based learning outcomes including practical skills and knowledge. A skills demonstration will require the learner to complete a task or series of tasks that demonstrate a range of skills.
An examination provides a means of assessing a learner's ability to recall and apply knowledge, skills and understanding within a set period of time and under clearly specified conditions.
Pass 50% - 64%
Merit 65% - 70%
Distinction 80% - 100%
At Forus Training, we have many different supports available for your learning.
- When you enrol on a course, you will receive a printed learner pack from your trainer on the first session of the event.
- This learner pack contains clear assessment instructions and comprehensive material to support you as you complete the course.
- The pack will also include induction information as well as forms that you will complete during and at the end of your course.
- The trainer provides support to learners, including issuing feedback on draft work you will submit. Expect to wait up to 72 hours for a response by email from your trainer. Many of our trainers have full time jobs as well as training with us this means they will have up-to-date sector specific information, but also means that you need to allow a little time for them to get back to you. Our trainers are current with practice in the sector in which they work.
- Trainers can, by appointment, make time available to you before or after class to answer your queries that cannot be covered in the session. They can also make an appointment with you to discuss your work on a telephone call.
Assessment Upload Facility
- We have a user-friendly assessment upload facility available to you..
Support with Preparing for Assessment
If it has been a while since you’ve studied, we have free, short presentations on Study Skills, Academic Writing and Harvard Referencing to assist you in your work.
- Every Saturday, our Digital Ambassador Team holds a Zoom meeting – to assist learners with their technology related challenges - no question too small! The staff in this “Digital Ambassador“ role are experienced in accessing all of our systems, including the LMS and myforustraining.ie. They are positioned to assist with all the usual technology queries learners might have: Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc), email, file saving and organisation etc.
- Technical support is available by phone to 044 9349400 or by email: email@example.com or through the contact form on our website.
- Where a Learner, pursuing an award, through no fault of his/her own, is unable to complete their assessment, the exit pathway below is in place to facilitate this Learner with an alternative course. The Learner is given the opportunity to obtain the Award by completing the course at an alternative date/location should they have relocated to an area where we provide the same award.
- The following are examples of circumstances where a Learner is unable to complete their project/their course:
● Extenuating circumstances.
- Please see P9 S7 C6 Compassionate Consideration Policy.
- P9 S6 C6 Learner Welfare Policy and practices are fully integrated throughout teaching and learning experiences by both Trainers and staff to effectively meet the health and wellbeing needs of all Learners. The Forus Training welfare policy is focused on the welfare of all Learners and addresses any particular challenges individual Learners may be experiencing during their learning experience. The learning environment includes welfare support provided by staff for Learners which is fully integrated throughout the teaching and learning and organisation of teaching and learning to effectively meet the personal, social (wellbeing) and academic needs of Learners and staff. Please see the policy here P9 S6 C6 Learner Welfare Policy.
Supports for Learners with Disabilities and Specific Learning Difficulties
- Forus Training is fully committed to complying with relevant policies and legislation with respect to equality and disability. Registered and potential Learners with verified disabilities or specific learning difficulties may be given compassionate consideration and reasonable accommodation to enable them to successfully complete their programme. This is arranged by the Course Coordinator.
- A reasonable accommodation is any action that helps to alleviate a substantial disadvantage due to an impairment or medical condition. Such accommodations are put in place to help reduce these barriers in order to provide equality of access and opportunity for all. Reasonable accommodations are made for Learners on a case by case basis and must be supported with medical documentation. Both P9 S2 C6 Evidence of Disability Form and P9 S2 C6A Application Form for Reasonable Accommodation can be found at the following link:
You will be awarded a QQI Level 5 Certificate 5N1729 Applied Behaviour Analysis.
QQI is the awarding body. Forus Training is a provider of education and training programmes and we issue certificates to learners who have reached the standard for a QQI award. The certificate you will receive on successful completion is a formal confirmation by QQI that you have demonstrated the knowledge, skill and competence required to achieve the named award. This Programme is validated by QQI and is coded 5N1729 Applied Behaviour Analysis. This certificate which will be issued to you by us is an award listed on the NFQ (National Framework of Qualifications). This ensures the certificate is nationally and internationally recognised and has many potential uses; for example, for further / higher education or employment in Ireland or abroad.
This course leads to a level 5 award on the National Framework of Qualifications. Students who successfully complete this programme may use their credits towards completing a higher level of study in the area of Health and Social Care.
Students who successfully complete this course as part of a Major Award can also use the Certificate as the basis for entry into selected courses in Third Level Colleges and Universities. Those who successfully complete the Applied Behavioural Analysis Level 5 Component may consider other related courses in Social Care or Early Childhood Care and Education.
Click here to download a pdf version of – Progression from QQI Level 5 Certificates and Level 6 Advanced Certificates to Higher Education Courses 2017.
There are a few ways for you to book this programme.
1. Choose and purchase the programme online.
2. Choose, complete and submit the appropriate application form below
If you are booking this course as a stand alone module please use this application form https://forustraining.ie/knowledge-base/application-form…nd-alone-modules/
If you are booking this course as part of the major award; Intellectual Disability Practice 5M176 please use this application form: https://forustraining.ie/knowledge-base/application-form…ajor-award-5m176/
IIf you are booking this course as part of the major award Nursing Studies 5M4349 please use this application form: https://forustraining.ie/knowledge-base/application-form…jor-award-5m4349/
Protection for Enrolled Learners (PEL) Policy
Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI) was established in November 2012 by the Qualifications and Quality Assurance (Education and Training) Act 2012 (the 2012 Act).
The 2012 Act sets out (in Part 6) legal requirements for QQI and providers of education and training (providers) regarding the Protection of Enrolled Learners (PEL).
The legal requirement ensures that learners enrolled on a programme, of longer than three months duration and where fees have been paid, are not disadvantaged in the event of the programme ceasing prior to completion.
For PEL arrangements relating to the programmes relating to this award please follow this link to more detailed information.
Protection of Enrolled Learners - Intellectual Disability Practice 5M1761https://forustraining.ie/knowledge-base/protection-of-en…-practice-5m1761/
Protection of Enrolled Learners, Nursing Studies 5M4349 https://forustraining.ie/knowledge-base/protection-of-en…g-studies-5m4349/
Terms and Conditions
Forus Training Courses - Booking, Cancellation and Refund Policy.
Forus Training’s goal is to fulfil and deliver on scheduled events as planned with learners who have fully committed to the event. In order to ensure courses run and are well subscribed and attended the following terms and conditions are in place. Course places are allocated on a first come basis, based on payment of course fees, or payment of your first instalment, where applicable.
Full payment of course fees is required before course commencement unless an instalment plan is agreed or a grantor or other third party e.g. Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection has approved funding in writing. Should the funding be withdrawn or your non-attendance or non submission of funding / documentation / assessment material not meet the funders criteria the full fee becomes payable by you the learner. If you have made a payment of course fees, in part or in full, and then are granted funding by a third party you will be refunded your payment when Forus Training receives payment from the funder.
Cancellation must be confirmed in writing more than 30 days prior to commencement of the course. Forus Training will refund the total amount paid less a minimum administration charge of €100. Deposit payments are non refundable in all circumstances. Cancellation after this period will result in full course fees being forfeited. Written notice should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you book within the 30 day period the option of cancellation will not be available to you. If written cancellation is not received 30 days prior to the course, and the learner does not attend on the day(s), then the learner, or the organisation, or the funder, is liable for full course fees. Forus Training reserves the right to change any of the details given in any of its course brochures. Forus Training reserves the right to cancel or postpone a course in the event of unforeseen circumstances or insufficient numbers.
If a course is oversubscribed or cancelled, learners will be given the option of a full refund or be booked onto the next available course. Scheduled course dates, days and times may change throughout the course. If a course is postponed by Forus Training by more than 60 days - from the original start date, the full fee is refundable to you. Forus Training is committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of information provided to us. The information you provide is necessary for the processing of your application. We may share your personal data with relevant third parties, where necessary in relation to the processing of your application. Please note course registrations and course fees are non-transferable.
What is QQI?
QQI is the state agency responsible for the external quality assurance of further and higher education and training in Ireland.
QQI are responsible for the external quality assurance of further and higher education and training in Ireland.
QQI validate programmes, make awards and are responsible for the promotion, maintenance, development and review of the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ).
QQI also inform the public about the quality of education and training programmes and qualifications, and advise the Government on national policy regarding quality assurance and enhancement in education and training.
Learn what our customers say
Hundreds of reviews written by our learners to help you pick
- Positive: Professionalism Great course & very professional approach. Tutor very helpful & pleasant to deal with. The course was well structured & easy to follow. Excellent value for moneyMichael Moran
- The tutor was very helpful as were the support staff in the office with any queries I had regarding my course.Deirdre Boyhan
- Emma O Brien was a brilliant tutor. She was always great for getting back to any of my questions and in helping me while I was participating in the course.Ciara Curran
- Текст отзыва: We passed Customer Services back in April. Today I found a job in a café. The manager asked me a question and I was able to answer them thanks to the course.Татьяна Ковалева
- This course is really adapted for Ukrainians. I quickly found a job after the course. I recommend this training, it is useful for any level of our Ukrainian education.Надія Миньо
- I really enjoyed doing my Major Award here. Good communication and information provided. Would recommend to anyone thinking of taking on a new courseJude Alexander
- Positive: Communication Really enjoyed the Communications module with John Madden . He was so helpful with his feedback and gave me great guidance along the way . Looking forward to doing another module with him.Sandra Hartnett
- Recently completed a challenging behaviour course here found the tutor very helpful and friendly. The course was relevant and detailed and I really enjoyed the zoom classes. Would recommend this course for anyone working in the area.Jackie Mcginty
- I completed the infection prevention and control course with forus, our tutor Nancy was very informative having worked in healthcare for a long number of years. I would highly recommend it.John Connolly
- Was very happy with my trainer she was an excellent teacher and so helpful.. really enjoyed the zoom classesFidelma Penrose
- Great course, our lecturer Paula was amazing, really knows her stuff and extremely helpful.Shannon Kelly
- I finished the course of Palliative Care. I found the course good, I felt very supported by my tutor Nancy Poynton. I learned a lot, and build on my knowledge and experience.Natalja Mangan
- Nancy was such a great tutor. So helpful and knowledgeable. She really puts you at ease throughout this course as she is so friendly and makes the course very enjoyableFlorence Smith
- Positive: Communication , Professionalism Excellent course. Have referred back to notes several times since attending course. Very clear instruction and valuable assistance and feedback on assignments. Would highly recommend Forus.Marie Boyd
- I worked in Ukraine in the restaurant business. Studying here helped me find a similar jobVikki Fox
- Really enjoyed the Communications module with John Madden .
He was so helpful with his feedback and gave me great guidance along the way .
Looking forward to doing another module with him.Sandra Hartnett
- I have recently completed a QQI Level 5 certificate in Infection Prevention & Control, which was delivered by Nancy Poynton. Nancy is an exemplary tutor. I highly recommend the above course and other healthcare courses delivered by Nancy.Philip Morrissey
- Positive: Professionalism Emma O Brien was a brilliant tutor. She was always great for getting back to any of my questions and in helping me while I was participating in the course.Ciara Curran
- Really enjoyed this course and would highly recommend to anyone. Emma O’ Brien was a very helpful tutor throughout and always available to answer questions.Linda Young
- I am doing a course with Forus Training and Tey are very supportive and helpful. I would recommend them any day.Lisa Williams